This was my Shoebox Swap card with my downline last night. I copied it 99.9% from brilliant paper crafter Diana Gibbs who is one of Stampin' Up!s former winners of a prestigious Artisan crafting award. I copied it almost exactly but for one piece of Designer Series Paper. Diana (and I) used the Sweet Scoops set which is coming out May 1 in our Stampin' Up! Summer mini catalog. I just love it! Man, she's good 🙂 (Measurements below and that is my contribution to this, LOL!)
One thing to note: I adhered my pink houndstooth DSP to a piece of chipboard – a leftover back from a legal pad or any similar material you can re-purpose. I used Anywhere Glue Stick and stuck the Designer Series Paper onto that chipboard, let it dry, then ran it through the Big Shot using our exclusive Top Note die. The Top Note piece is adhered using Stampin' Dimensionals and the trio of card stock with the ice cream cones is adhered to the Top Note also with Stampin' Dimensionals. The ice cream cones are also adhered with Dimensionals. Three different heights which really adds something.
- Chocolate Chip card base – 5.5 x 4.25
- Layer 1 Pretty in Pink – 5.25 x 4
- Layer 2 Designer Series Paper – 5 x 3.75
- Top Note
- Layer 1 on Top Note Chocolate Chip – 3.75 x 2.75
- Layer 2 Pretty in Pink – 3.5 x 2.5
- Layer 3 Whisper White – 3.25 x 2.25
- Cones stamped in More Mustard, Chocolate Chip and Pixie Pink
- I Miss You sentiment from set FYI. Diana had used "miss you" from Three Little Words but I don't have that set so I improvised.
Thank you, Diana, for your inspiration and generosity in sharing your ideas!