Day #8 was one of my favorite gifts to make…. I used our own Spice Cake Designer Series Paper (124003 $10.95 for 2 sheets of 6 different double-sided papers) as wrapping paper. I actually do that a lot with small gifts. Each sheet is 12" x 12" and is plenty to wrap both of these little jewelry boxes and then some. What I like about using Designer Series Paper is that it's not thin like wrapping paper seems to be these days. I feel the thicker paper makes the wrapping a little bit classier.
This is my favorite Designer Series Paper in the Holiday Mini Catalog which ends January 3.
Ribbon is 5/8" Satin in Chocolate Chip.
It's a handmade holiday brooch made with these Stampin' Up! products:
- Simply Adorned 5/8" Circle Charm (117349 $8.95)
- 1 tiny butterfly from the Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die (118138 $11.95)
- 3/8" Quilted Satin Ribbon in Cherry Cobbler (124105 $7.95 – Holiday Mini)
- 1 Basic Rhinestone (119246 $4.95)
- 1 Real Red Glimmer Brad – Brights (121006 $4.95 for 40)
How I made it: inserted butterfly into charm, wrapped tines of brad through closure of charm and wound it tightly around using jewelry pliars, used a hook to attach it to a pin back I got in bulk at a craft store then I tied ribbon around pin back and I think I dabbed Aleene's Tacky Glue behind bow to keep it from opening up. It was a very quick project.
I hope my two secret swappers like this holiday gift!