Send some Fall Birthday Wishes this year when you create this lovely card. The colors are as beautiful as the Beautiful Day stamp set used to put it all together. You can also see how the colors blend so well.
Supplies: Stamp Sets – Beautiful Day (145915); Rooted in Nature Bundle (w: 148352, c: 148353) Cardstock – Cajun Craze (119684); Copper Foil (142020); Delightfully Detailed Laser-cut Specialty Paper (146907); Whisper White Thick Cardstock (140272) Stamp Pads – Versamark (102283) Misc. – Copper embossing powder (141636); Heat Tool (129053); Embossing Buddy (103093); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (143263); Fine Tip Glue Pen (138309); Silicone Craft Sheet (127853) ~ I used two; Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)
Measurements: Cajun Craze: 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″ (base card) Copper Foil: 3 1/2″ x 5″ and a scrap for the leaves Delightfully Detailed: One panel ~ 3 1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White Thick: 1 1/8″ x 4 1/4″
1. Rub your embossing buddy over the Whisper White Thick cardstock. Stamp ‘Happy Birthday’ in Versamark, emboss with the Copper embossing powder. 2. Use the leaf embossing die to add detail to the leaves. Cut out the leaves by running through the Big Shot with the corresponding leaf die. 3. Lay the Cooper Foil on your Silicone Craft Sheet. Carefully apply glue around the back edges of the Delightfully Detailed panel and lay on the foil. Cover with your second Silicone Craft Sheet and let it dry. When dry adhere to the base card using the Multipurpose Liquid Glue (so you can move it around if necessary). 4. Add the Happy Birthday layer and the embossed copper leaves to the side.
Fall comes in so many colors. This Shaded Spruce Thanks card has a wonderful glow to it. You can’t really even see how there are a few different colors used for inking. Adding the thread and gems is a way to top off the card and bring some attention to the leaf. Also, using the Aqua Painter for the watercolor spreads the ink as light or as dark as you would like.
Supplies: Stamp Set: Falling for Leaves (147680) or bundle with dies (149938) Cardstock & Paper: Shimmery White (101910), Shaded Spruce (146981), Soft Sea Foam (16988), Silver Foil Sheets (132178) Ink: Shaded Spruce (147088), Balmy Blue (147105), Pool Party (147107), Soft Sea Foam (147102) Miscellaneous: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (143263), Detailed Leaves Thinlits Dies (147921) or bundle with stamp set (149938), Silver Metallic Thread (138402), Clear Faceted Gems (144142), Aqua Painter (103954), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Measurements: • Shaded Spruce card base: 11” x 4-1/4”, scored at 5-1/2” then folded in half • Shimmery White Paper: 3” x 3-1/2” • Soft Sea Foam: 5-1/2” x 1-1/2” • Silver Foil Sheet: 5-1/2” x ½”
1. Stamp Falling For Leaves branch image several times in Shaded Spruce onto the card front, as shown, to create a foundation for the focal point. 2. Stamp the sentiment in Shaded Spruce onto the Soft Sea Foam layer & adhere with SNAIL. 3. Adhere Silver Foil across the top of the sentiment layer with SNAIL. 4. Stamp the large leaf in Shaded Spruce onto Shimmery White cardstock. 5. Use an Aqua Painter to apply a wash of color over the leaf using a blend of Balmy Blue, Pool Party & Soft Sea Foam. The stamped ink will bleed and run and add to the color. TIP: Squeeze the ink pad before opening to transfer ink to the lid for a palette of color. 6. Die cut the leaf with the Detailed Leaves Thinlits. 7. Cover the back of the leaf with SNAIL, then add loops of Silver Metallic Thread to it. 8. Pop up the leaf with Dimensionals. 9. Add a Clear Faceted Gem to the center of the leaf.
Supplies: Stamp Set: Falling for Leaves (147680) or bundle with dies (149938) Cardstock and Paper: Blackberry Bliss (133675), Mossy Meadow ( 133676), Watercolor Paper (122959), Copper Foil Sheets (142020) Ink: Mossy Meadow (147111), Classic Stampin’ Ink Refills in Cajun Craze (119790), Crushed Curry (131158), Blackberry Bliss (133648), and Mossy Meadow (133651) Miscellaneous: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (143263), Detailed Leaves Thinlits Dies (147921) or bundle with stamp set (149938), Corrugated Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (148026), Detailed Trio Punch (146320), Banner Triple Punch (138292), Aqua Painter (103954), 3/16” Braided Linen Trim (147808), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Paper Snips (103579), Paper-Piercing Tool (126189), household waxed paper
• Blackberry Bliss card base: 11” x 4-1/4”, scored at 5-1/2” then folded in half plus a piece about plus scrap 3-3/4” x 5-1/4”
• Watercolor Paper: one 6” x 9” sheet
• Mossy Meadow: ¾” x 4”
• Copper Foil Sheet: 1“ x 4” plus scrap
• Ribbon: about 4-5” (enough to tie a bow)
1. Run smaller Blackberry Bliss cardstock through Corrugated Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and adhere to card base with SNAIL and dots of Multipurpose Liquid Glue as needed.
2. One at a time, squeeze ink refills into your preferred receptacle (ink pad, plastic plate, small washable bowl) and with a moist Aqua Painter color in a circular bull’s eye starting with Crushed Curry in the center then Cajun Craze, Blackberry Bliss and Mossy Meadow to create circles of color. No need to be neat. About 5 bull’s eyes should fit onto one Watercolor Paper sheet. Set aside to dry.
3. With Mossy Meadow ink, stamp sentiment onto Mossy Meadow cardstock aligning a little bit to the right of center.
4. Align Copper Foil Sheet with Mossy Meadow sentiment and adhere together with SNAIL Adhesive.
5. Using Banner Triple Punch, punch banner end on left side of sentiment then tie 3/16” Braided Linen Trim around left edge. Secure to back of cardstock with one Mini Glue Dot.
6. Die cut Watercolor Paper with large detailed maple leaf die positioning die to try to capture your favorite colors in the spots you want them.
7. Using the scrap of Copper Foil Sheets and the Detailed Trio Punch punch out 3 dots.
8. Using Mini Glue Dots in strategic places, adhere maple leaves to corrugated cardstock then use the same adhesive to attach the sentiment piece.
9. Squeeze a small blob of Multipurpose Liquid Glue onto a piece of scrap paper and your Paper Snips, attach 3 Copper Foil Sheet dots as speckles around the leaves.
Independent Demonstrator for Stampin' Up! since 2002.
The content in this blog is the sole responsibility of Stella MacKay as an Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of classes, services or products offered is not endorsed by Stampin’ Up!