Colored Fall leaves surround us this time of year. That’s why I wanted to share this beautifully colored card and hope it makes you smile.
Falling for Leaves
Stamp Set: Falling for Leaves (147680) or bundle with dies (149938)
Cardstock and Paper: Blackberry Bliss (133675), Mossy Meadow ( 133676), Watercolor Paper (122959), Copper Foil Sheets (142020)
Ink: Mossy Meadow (147111), Classic Stampin’ Ink Refills in Cajun Craze (119790), Crushed Curry (131158), Blackberry Bliss (133648), and Mossy Meadow (133651)
Miscellaneous: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (143263), Detailed Leaves Thinlits Dies (147921) or bundle with stamp set (149938), Corrugated Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (148026), Detailed Trio Punch (146320), Banner Triple Punch (138292), Aqua Painter (103954), 3/16” Braided Linen Trim (147808), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Paper Snips (103579), Paper-Piercing Tool (126189), household waxed paper
• Blackberry Bliss card base: 11” x 4-1/4”, scored at 5-1/2” then folded in half plus a piece about plus scrap 3-3/4” x 5-1/4”
• Watercolor Paper: one 6” x 9” sheet
• Mossy Meadow: ¾” x 4”
• Copper Foil Sheet: 1“ x 4” plus scrap
• Ribbon: about 4-5” (enough to tie a bow)
1. Run smaller Blackberry Bliss cardstock through Corrugated Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and adhere to card base with SNAIL and dots of Multipurpose Liquid Glue as needed.
2. One at a time, squeeze ink refills into your preferred receptacle (ink pad, plastic plate, small washable bowl) and with a moist Aqua Painter color in a circular bull’s eye starting with Crushed Curry in the center then Cajun Craze, Blackberry Bliss and Mossy Meadow to create circles of color. No need to be neat. About 5 bull’s eyes should fit onto one Watercolor Paper sheet. Set aside to dry.
3. With Mossy Meadow ink, stamp sentiment onto Mossy Meadow cardstock aligning a little bit to the right of center.
4. Align Copper Foil Sheet with Mossy Meadow sentiment and adhere together with SNAIL Adhesive.
5. Using Banner Triple Punch, punch banner end on left side of sentiment then tie 3/16” Braided Linen Trim around left edge. Secure to back of cardstock with one Mini Glue Dot.
6. Die cut Watercolor Paper with large detailed maple leaf die positioning die to try to capture your favorite colors in the spots you want them.
7. Using the scrap of Copper Foil Sheets and the Detailed Trio Punch punch out 3 dots.
8. Using Mini Glue Dots in strategic places, adhere maple leaves to corrugated cardstock then use the same adhesive to attach the sentiment piece.
9. Squeeze a small blob of Multipurpose Liquid Glue onto a piece of scrap paper and your Paper Snips, attach 3 Copper Foil Sheet dots as speckles around the leaves.