You can create a beautiful magnolia image on a card super fast. I received a similar card last month from a member of my Demonstrator team. My jaw dropped as it was SO simple yet so elegant and perfect just as it was. I had to make some for myself as birthday thank you notes and I sent them out.
All images © 1990-2019 Stampin’ Up!®
I chose a light color so I could write on the inside. Any light color works (the card I received from my downline was Balmy Blue) OR choose a darker color and use a Whisper White or Very Vanilla cardstock piece to write on and adhere inside (4″ x 5-1/4″). Wouldn’t the Seasonal Wreath 3D embossing folder look great as a holiday note card or thank you? (pg. 199 of our annual catalog or see it HERE). If you make groups of these, they are wonderful gifts if you insert them into our Acetate Card Boxes (noted below).
Stamp set: Good Morning Magnolia (149298)
Ink: Soft Sea Form Classic Stampin’ Pad (147102)
Paper: Soft Sea Foam Cardstock (149688)
Miscellaneous: Magnolia 3D Embossing Folder (149579), 3D Embossing Folder Plate (149658), Whisper White Medium Envelopes (107301), Acetate Card Boxes [not shown] (144628), Bone Folder (102300), Die-cutting machine
Soft Sea Foam card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, score at 4-1/4″ then fold crease with Bone Folder
- Run Soft Sea Foam cardstock and Magnolia 3D embossing folder (using the 3D Embossing Folder Plate) through your die-cutting machine.
- Fold card.
- Using Soft Sea Foam ink, stamp corner of the front of Whisper White Medium Envelope.
- For gift giving: make sets and insert into Acetate Card Boxes (each holds up to 5 sets of cards with envelopes). See them HERE. Note that the wording is incorrect on that one item; the box holds USA standard A2 cards and envelopes. It measures 4-7/16″ x 5-13/16″ x 5/8″.
Remember, you do not have to invent the wheel to be creative, just copy this project! Did you make it with your own hands? Then you have created!
It’s Holiday Extravaganza Time. It all starts today and for three days you can enjoy the sale prices.
15% OFF INKPADS AND CARDSTOCK IN:
2018–2020 In Colors
2019–2021 In Colors (except Purple Posy)
TAKE ADDITIONAL 5% OFF THE ORIGINAL 10% DISCOUNT:
8 bundles (Important to remember that a bundle discount only happens once, when the catalog it’s in is live. If these products carry over into the next catalog, the bundle discount disappears. And if the item retires then that’s a different story as it’s totally gone…). I invite you to maximize the discounts while you can!
- Parcels & Petals Bundle 151107
- Path of Petals Bundle 151131
- Free as a Bird Bundle 151123
- Dino Days Bundle 151139
- Memorable Mosaic Bundle 151063
- Band Together Bundle 151076
- Bloom & Grow Bundle 151069
- To a Wild Rose Bundle 151073
Neutrals Classic Stampin’ Pads Assortment
Regals Classic Stampin’ Pads Assortment
2018–2020 In Colors Classic Stampin’ Pads Assortment
See the flyer listing all the sale products, prices, and item numbers HERE.
I have another Snowman card to share. The bright colors always make me smile. This is an alternative project idea to the snowman card previously shared with the same stamp set.
Stamp Set – Snowman Season (150458); Bundle with Snowman Punch (152337)
Card Stock – Thick Whisper White (140272); Whisper White (100730); Cherry Cobbler (119685)
Stamp Pads – Memento Tuxedo Black (132708)
Misc. – Stampin’ Blends Pool Party Combo (144605); Stampin’ Blends Light Smoky Slate (145054); Stampin’ Blends Light Pumpkin Pie (144578); Let It Snow Specialty Designer Series Paper (150393); Diagonal Stripe Ribbon in Cherry Cobbler (150439); Winter Knit 3D Embossing Folder (150645); Starburst Punch (143717); 2” Circle Punch (133782); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (144108); Snail Adhesive (104332); Mini Glue Dots (103683); Paper Snips (103579); Embossing/Die Cutting Machine
Thick Whisper White Cardstock: 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
Whisper White Cardstock: 4” x 2 ½” for sentiment and 2” circle punch
Cherry Cobbler Cardstock: 5 ¼” x 4”
Let It Snow Specialty Designer Series Paper: 2” x 4” for banner and a scrap piece approx. 2 ½” for starburst punch
- Emboss the Cherry Cobbler layer with the Winter Knit embossing folder and add it to the front of the thick Whisper White Card with snail adhesive.
- Cut a flag banner at the bottom of the 2” x 4” piece of Designer Paper with your paper snips and add it to the front of your card with snail adhesive.
- Stamp the sentiment and snowman image on Whisper White cardstock using Memento Black Ink. Punch the snowman out with the 2” circle punch and cut the sentiment out with your paper snips. Color the snowman with Stampin’ Blends. I used the light Pumpkin Pie for his nose, light Pool Party for the snowman, and Smoky Slate for the snow and outline of the snowman. Then I used the light Pool Party to make dots of snow on the sentiment.
- Punch some Designer Paper using the Starburst Punch. The print I used is the backside of the snowman one shown on the banner.
- Make a faux bow with the Cherry Cobbler Ribbon and tack it down on the card front with Mini Glue Dots. (I don’t really tie a bow so that it’s not bulky) Attach the snowman image to your Starburst Punched shape with snail and pop it up over the ribbon with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add the cut sentiment pieces with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to the front of the card.
This is your last day to subscribe to receive the Winter Wonders Part Two from Paper Pumpkin. This is part two of The Winter Wonders Paper Pumpkin theme that was released in October. Last month Paper Pumpkin had part one that consisted of cards. This month is all about tags. The kit makes 24 holiday-themed gift tags of 4 various sizes and designs. The coordinating colors are Early Espresso, Pool Party, Poppy Parade, and Shaded Spruce.
Even if you were not able to get the Paper Pumpkin last month, you can still enjoy this kit. It has some beautiful coordinating colors and you can always build from that. When you add additional embellishments or supplies, you can create so much more than you anticipated.
This is perfect if you love tags. You can check out the video I posted last week to see the cards from last months kit. If you are not a subscriber, you will need to subscribe today in order to take advantage of project Winter part two.
What better way to welcome Winter soon than with an adorable snowman card. He is just gorgeous and so much fun to create. I know you will love it.
Snowman Season card created using Stampin’ Up! products
All images © 1990-2019 Stampin’ Up!®
- Stamp Sets: Snowman Season (150458)
- Cardstock & paper: Night of Navy (100867), Flirty Flamingo (141416), Whisper White (100730), Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper (149481)
- Ink: Night of Navy (147110), Balmy Blue (#147105), Flirty Flamingo (147052), Light Balmy Blue Blend (148540)
- Tools & Accessories: Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon (146912), Layering Ovals Dies (141706), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Snowman Builder Punch (150643), Let It Snow Embellishment Kit (150425), Snowfall Accents Puff Paint (150691), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Snowflake Sequins (#150443), Banner Triple Punch (138292), Heat Tool (129053)
- Card Base: Night of Navy 5 ½ x 8 ½, scored at 4 ¼
- Cardstock #2: Flirty Flamingo 3 ¾ x 5
- Designer Paper: Come Sail Away 3 5/8 x 4 7/8 Balmy Blue Stripe, 2 ½ x 3 ¼ Night of Navy Stripe
- Stamp the snowflakes from Snowman Season over the Come Sail Away Balmy Blue stripe in stamped off Night of Navy and stamped off Balmy Blue.
- Adhere the designer paper to the Flirty Flamingo layer.
- Tie about 8 inches of the Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon around these layers and tie in a knot a little below the halfway mark from top to bottom and to the left of the card front.
- Adhere these layers to the card front.
- Cut the navy stripe paper with the Layering Ovals dies. Add this paper to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Punch the snowman using the Snowman Builder Punch from Whisper White. Add features using the Let It Snow Embellishments Kit. For the face, start with the carrot nose and then add the eyes and mouth. Add the buttons down the front. Use the Snowfall Accents Puff Paint to fill in around the features and cover most of the snowman. Heat with the Heat Tool to make the paint puff. Add the snowman to the navy stripe with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Complete with the arms from the kit. Add the hat and scarf in Flirty Flamingo using a little glue and Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The sentiment is stamped on a piece of Whisper White measuring 5/8 x 3 ½. Stamp in Flirty Flamingo ink. Notch the ends using the Triple Banner Punch. Add using Stampin’ Dimensionals and place this just under the snowman so he has a little snow under him. We don’t want him just floating!
- Add the mittens with a dot of glue and Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Remember, you do not have to invent the wheel to be creative, just copy this project! Did you make it with your own hands? Then you have created! Click here for any supplies you need.