The Shaded Spruce Thanks card is created using the Falling for Leaves stamp set. I used the color wash technique so that the color on the leaf is spread around.
Fall comes in so many colors. This Shaded Spruce Thanks card has a wonderful glow to it. You can’t really even see how there are a few different colors used for inking. Adding the thread and gems is a way to top off the card and bring some attention to the leaf. Also, using the Aqua Painter for the watercolor spreads the ink as light or as dark as you would like.
Stamp Set: Falling for Leaves (147680) or bundle with dies (149938)
Cardstock & Paper: Shimmery White (101910), Shaded Spruce (146981), Soft Sea Foam (16988), Silver Foil Sheets (132178)
Ink: Shaded Spruce (147088), Balmy Blue (147105), Pool Party (147107), Soft Sea Foam (147102)
Miscellaneous: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (143263), Detailed Leaves Thinlits Dies (147921) or bundle with stamp set (149938), Silver Metallic Thread (138402), Clear Faceted Gems (144142), Aqua Painter (103954), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
• Shaded Spruce card base: 11” x 4-1/4”, scored at 5-1/2” then folded in half
• Shimmery White Paper: 3” x 3-1/2”
• Soft Sea Foam: 5-1/2” x 1-1/2”
• Silver Foil Sheet: 5-1/2” x ½”
1. Stamp Falling For Leaves branch image several times in Shaded Spruce onto the card front, as shown, to create a foundation for the focal point.
2. Stamp the sentiment in Shaded Spruce onto the Soft Sea Foam layer & adhere with SNAIL.
3. Adhere Silver Foil across the top of the sentiment layer with SNAIL.
4. Stamp the large leaf in Shaded Spruce onto Shimmery White cardstock.
5. Use an Aqua Painter to apply a wash of color over the leaf using a blend of Balmy Blue, Pool Party & Soft Sea Foam. The stamped ink will bleed and run and add to the color. TIP: Squeeze the ink pad before opening to transfer ink to the lid for a palette of color.
6. Die cut the leaf with the Detailed Leaves Thinlits.
7. Cover the back of the leaf with SNAIL, then add loops of Silver Metallic Thread to it.
8. Pop up the leaf with Dimensionals.
9. Add a Clear Faceted Gem to the center of the leaf.