Candy Cane Season
There is so much you can do with the Candy Cane Season stamp set in the Holiday Catalog. Combine it with the Candy Cane Builder Punch from my online store and you can create so many wonderful cards this holiday season.
Stamp Sets: Candy Cane Season (147692 – photopolymer)
Inks: Poppy Parade (147050), Shaded Spruce (147088), & Gray Granite (147118) Classic Stampin’ Pads
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Poppy Parade (119793), and Shaded Spruce (146981) cardstock
Embellishments: Clear Rhinestone Basic Jewels (144220), Silver & Whisper White Silver Baker’sTwine (145569)
Other: SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Candy Cane Builder Punch (148011), Banner Triple Punch (138292), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122234), Paper Snips (103579)
• Poppy Parade: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored and folded at 4-1/4” (card base)
• Shaded Spruce: 5-1/8” x 3-7/8”, and strip that is 5/8” wide
• Whisper White: 5” x 3-3/4”, strip that is 1/2” wide, and scrap for stamping the candy cane
- Stamp the ‘ho ho’ stamp onto the large piece of Whisper White cardstock using Gray Granite ink. Using your SNAIL, glue this piece to the Shaded Spruce cardstock, and then glue the entire layer to the card base.
- Stamp the striped candy cane stamp onto your scrap paper using Poppy Parade ink. Stamp the outline around it using the same colour. *Note* It can be tricky lining up the stripes with the outline. You may want to practice on scrap paper first, OR just stamp the lines without the outline.
- Punch the candy cane using the Candy Cane Builder Punch.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the strip of Whisper White cardstock using Shaded Spruce ink.
- Using the Banner Triple Punch, punch notches into the ends of the strips of Whisper White and Shaded Spruce cardstock. See the photo for placement of the sentiment because you don’t want to cut off too much cardstock as the candy cane will then cover the sentiment. Glue the two layers together, and trim to fit the card.
- Glue the stamped cardstock to the Early Espresso cardstock using SNAIL, and the entire piece to the Tranquil Tide card base.
- Adhere the sentiment layer and the candy cane to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Tie a bow in a 6-8” piece of silver Baker’s Twine, and adhere to the candy cane with a glue dot. Add five rhinestones of various sizes to the card.