This beautiful pink flowered birthday card is delicate and decorated for someone special. You can create a handful for all the special people you want to celebrate with this year. I love to create a card stash at the beginning of each year, however, it means changing up colors and designs as well. After that, you just put all your creations together in a safe place to use throughout the year. Lastly, always have fun.
All images © 1990-2019 Stampin’ Up!®
• Stamp Sets: Happy Birthday To You (152308)
• Cardstock: Whisper White (100730), Basic Gray (121044), Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper (149612)
• Ink: Flirty Flamingo Classic Stampin’ Pad (147052), Soft Sea Foam Classic Stampin’ Pad (147102), Jet Black StazOn Pad (101406), VersaMark Pad (102283), Dark Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends (145055)
• Tools & Accessories: Heat Tool (129053), Embossing Buddy (103083), Shimmer Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder (149512), Aqua Painter (103954), Sponge Brayer (141714), Basic Pattern Decorative Masks (150697), Delightful Tag Topper Punch (149518), Stitched Shapes Dies (145372)
• Designer Paper: Brights 6” x 6” Designer Series Paper (149613)
• Misc: 3/8” Glittered Organdy Ribbon (147897), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Paper Snips (103579)
• Card Base: Whisper White 4-1/4” x 11”, scored and folded at 5-1/2”
• Cardstock #2: Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”
• Cardstock #3: Basic Gray 3-1/2” x 3-1/2”
• Designer Paper: Flirty Flamingo gingham 2” x 5-1/2”
• First of all, on the front of the card base, use the dotted decorative mask and apply Flirty Flamingo ink using the sponge brayer.
• Cut one end of the Flirty Flamingo gingham DSP with the Delightful Tag Topper Punch and adhere to card base in the center.
• On the watercolor paper make a light Flirty Flamingo watercolor wash with the Aqua Painter. Set aside to dry or use the Heat Tool on low setting to speed up the drying.
• Cut the Basic Gray cardstock with the largest Stitched Shapes circle.
• Rub the Embossing Buddy over the (dried) watercolor paper, then stamp the cake image using VersaMark ink. Cover with Shimmer Black Embossing Powder, tap off excess, and heat with Heat Tool.
• Squeeze the Flirty Flamingo and Soft Sea Foam ink pads so the foam pad applies ink to the insides of the lids. Use an Aqua Painter to pick up the ink to darken the blossoms and add color to the leaves.
• Fussy cut the cake and adhere to gray circle, then pop up on dimensionals on gingham tag.
• Lastly, stamp greeting at bottom of tag with black StazOn. Tie a bow with the glittered ribbon and adhere at top of tag with a glue dot.