Think about creating a card like this that has your friendship birds right on top. Create your own color scheme and let them set the mood for your card. The sentiments can be whatever you choose. It’s a simple card that gets the point across. Friendship is always hard to express, but this card will speak for you.
Supplies: Stamp Sets – Free As A Bird Cling Stamp Set (149468); Cardstock – Soft Suede 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock (115318); Whisper White Cardstock (100730) Stamp Pads – Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad (147115) Misc. – Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies (145372); Petal Pink 5/8″ (1.6 Cm) Organdy Striped Ribbon (149441); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
Measurements: · Soft Suede: 4 1/4” x 11” · Whisper White: Scrap for Stitched Circle Die · DSP: 4” x 5 1/4” and 3” x 4 3/4” and scrap to cut the flowers and birds from
1. Score Soft Suede cardstock at 5 1/2″; fold to create the card base. 2. Attach the DSP to card front and stamp the sentiment with Soft Suede ink 3. Tie ribbon around card into a bow 4. Cut a Stitched Circle from Whisper White card stock 5. Lastly, cut Bird and Flower images from DSP and attach to die cut circle, trim the bird along the edge of the die-cut but let the stems and flower hang over the edge. Attach circle with dimensionals and let your friendship birds be the focal point.
Create beautiful purple flowers with the Inspiring Iris stamp set. I love how the Highland Heather and Granny Apple Green colors blend so well. The polka dot ribbon is also a wonderful touch. Add any sentiment you like and bring the card to life. Send it off to a special friend and let the images speak for itself.
Supplies: Stamp Sets – Inspiring Iris (149268) Card Stock – Highland Heather (146986); Granny Apple Green (146990); Whisper White (100730) Stamp Pads – Highland Heather (147103); Granny Apple Green (147095); Black Memento (132708) Misc. – Layering Ovals (141705); 5/8” Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon Ribbon (146912); Subtle 3D Embossing Folder (151775); Dimensionals (104430 $4.00); Basic Rhinestones (144220)
Measurements: • Highland Heather: 4 ¼” x 11” 3 ¾” x 5” • Granny Apple Green: 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” • Whisper White: 3” x 4” for Oval. 4” x 5 ¼” insert
1. First of all, stamp Image into Oval with Memento Black Ink 2. This is a two-step stamp. Stamp Flower Part with Highland Heather and Leaves and stem with Granny Apple Green. Make sure to line up. This is not supposed to be perfect but rather kind of sketchy. 3. Run the Highland Heather Mat through the Big Shot using the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. Attach to the Granny Apple Mat and then add a strip of the Polka Dot Ribbon by securing on the back. Cut another length of ribbon and tie a bow onto the front. Then add mats to the card base. 4. Attach the Stamped oval using Dimensionals. 5. Decorate with Rhinestones and admire your beautiful purple flowers. 6. Lastly, add a white mat to the inside of card and use for any occasion or as a note card.
Send a beautiful flower hello with a few simple images. Flowers are always beautiful. With our Stampin’ Blends, you can choose the color and tone of your card. Add a simple sentiment and it’s so easy to bring a smile to someone’s face. You can turn this card into a Thinking of You, Birthday or even sympathy card. The choice is yours.
Supplies: Stamp Sets – Good Morning Magnolia Bundle (151087) Card Stock – Petal Pink (146985); Whisper White (100730); Mossy Meadow (133676); Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper (149484) Stamp Pads – Memento Tuxedo Black (132708) Misc. – Stampin’ Blends Petal Pink Combo (147272); Stampin Blends Mossy Meadow Combo (148547); Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack (149485); Layering Squares (141708); Subtle 3D Embossing Folder (151775); Basic Adhesive Backed Sequins (146933); Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (144108); Snail Adhesive (104332); Die Cutting Machine
Measurements: · Mossy Meadow: 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”, 3” x 3” · Petal Pink: 2 1/8” x 4 7/8” · Whisper White: 3” x 3”, 3 ¾” x 5” · DSP: 1 ½” x 4 7/8”
1. First, emboss the layer of Petal Pink with the Subtle folder and add it to the right edge of the large layer of white, add the DSP to the left edge. 2. Wrap the Sahara Sand ribbon around the seam and attach the ends to the back. Add this to the card base with dimensionals. 3. Crop the small layer of white with the #7 straight square die, crop the small layer of Mossy Meadow with the #8 scallop square die. Stamp Hello in the top right corner of the white square. 4. Ink the small flower in Memento and stamp on a scrap of white, color with the Stampin’ Blends and crop with the coordinating die. 5. Add the flower to the white square and adhere it to the Mossy scallop and add that to the card with dimensionals. 6. Lastly, finish the card with three Sahara Sand sequins.
The Free as a Bird stamp set is perfect on its own. However, when you add a little surprise, it makes it even better. Take a look at this friendship card surprise. It’s intriguing just to look at. Then you pull out the card to a simple greeting that would make anyone smile. The flowers are colored in various colors and a delicate bow completes the look.
Supplies: Stamp Sets – Free As A Bird Cling Stamp Set (149468) Card Stock – Petal Pink (146985); Whisper White (100730); Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper (149592) Stamp Pads – Early Espresso Classic Stampin’ Pad (147114) Misc. – Stampin’ Blends Petal Pink Combo (147272);Calypso Coral Light Stampin’ Blends Marker (144042); Old Olive Light Stampin’ Blends Marker (144574); Pool Party Light Stampin’ Blends Marker (144595); Dark Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends Marker (146875);1-1/2” Circle Punch (138299); Petal Pink 5/8″ (1.6 Cm) Organdy Striped Ribbon (149441);Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (144108); Snail Adhesive (104332); Die Cutting Machine
Measurements: · Petal Pink: 4 1/8” x 5 3/8” and scrap for circle punch · Whisper White: 3 3/4” x 5” · DSP: 9 1/4” x 6
1. Score the DSP at 5/8” on the 9 1/4 side of the paper, rotate paper and score at 2 3/4” and 7”. 2. Take your paper snips and cut off the 5/8” paper along the scoreline to the next score line on both ends of the paper. 3. Fold along the score lines. Add adhesive to the ends of the DSP so that when you fold into the middle the adhesive sticks to each other. Add adhesive to 5/8” bottom flap and fold up to form a pocket. 4. Using the Circle Punch punch out a half circle at top of pocket. 5. With the Early Espresso ink, stamp the whisper white card stock with sentiment and bird image and color with blends. Attach to Petal Pink card stock. 6. Tie ribbon around front of pocket 7. Using Early Espresso stamp flower and sentiment on Petal Pink card stock and punch out with circle punch. Adhere to front of card with dimensionals.
Here is a cute Bird Bundle Project video. I am happy to share with you this Free as a Bird project kit video from Stampin’ Up!. Like always, Stampin’ Up! releases videos to share products, techniques, and information.
Stamp Sets – Daisy Lane (149325) Card Stock – Whisper White (100730), Daffodil Delight (119683) Stamp Pads – Old Olive (147090);Tuxedo Black Memento Pad (132708); Smoky Slate (147113); Daffodil Delight (147094) Misc. –Die Cutting Machine; Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Daisy Punch (143713); ½” Circle Punch (119869); Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (141897); Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon (146912), Stitched Nested Labels (149638), Snail Adhesive (104332), Mini Glue Dots (103683); Bone Folder (102300); Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends (144585)
Measurements: • Daffodil Delight: 8 ½” x 5 ½”, 4 ½” x 3 ¼”; and 3 ½” x 2 ¼”, scrap for the flower center • Whisper White: 5 ¼” x 4”, 4 ¼” x 3”, 3 ¼” x 2”, 2 ¾” x 5 ½” strip for daisies, scrap for sentiment • Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon: 8”
1. Stamp & punch out 2 large daisy images from the 5 ½” x 2 ¾” strip of Whisper White cardstock using Smoky Slate ink and the Daisy Punch. Use a bone folder to slightly curve the petals for added dimension. Adhere daisy images together with centers overlapping and petals offset to make a full daisy. Stamp large daisy image on a scrap of Daffodil Delight using Daffodil Delight ink and punch out the center using ½” Circle Punch. Adhere circle to daisy center using a dimensional. Apply Wink of Stella to the daisy center. 2. Layer the 3 remaining Whisper White card stock rectangles one on top of the other – use a small amount of snail to adhere the pieces together temporarily (1” or less). Prior to sticking the pieces together, touch the adhesive to clothing to reduce the stickiness. 3. First, stamp the leaves in Old Olive ink and then stamp the smallest daisy image in the set randomly across the card layers. Color in the daisy centers using the Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends marker. It is expected that the stamped images will be missing at the edges of each overlapping layer. Carefully twist the 3 pieces apart. 4. Fold Daffodil Delight card stock in half for the card base and flatten using the bone folder. Adhere largest Whisper White piece to the card base. Adhere the remaining 2 pieces of Whisper White to their respective Daffodil Delight frames. Adhere each layer to the card base, lining up the stamped images. The Daffodil Delight frames should cover the areas where the images were missing. 5. Adhere the punched daisy to the card front using a dimensional. 6. Stamp “Smile” on Whisper White scrap with Black Memento ink and die cut with the smallest nested label die. Adhere to the card front with dimensionals. 7. Lastly, make a bow with the Polka Dot Tulle ribbon and adhere to card front with a mini glue dot. Then, smile with friends.
Independent Demonstrator for Stampin' Up! since 2002.
The content in this blog is the sole responsibility of Stella MacKay as an Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of classes, services or products offered is not endorsed by Stampin’ Up!