Create some thoughtful leafy greetings with the Rooted in Nature stamp set. It’s perfect for thoughtful and sentimental cards created for those you love. This Spring has been anything but ordinary so give them an out of the ordinary card from your heart.
All images © 1990-2020 Stampin’ Up!®
· Stamps: Rooted In Nature (148217)
· Cardstock: Mossy Meadow (133676) Crumb Cake (120953) Copper Foil Sheets (142020)
· Ink: Mossy Meadow(147111)
· Tools & Accessories: Paper Trimmer (152392) Paper Snips (103579) Stitched Rectan-gle Dies (148551) Magnolia Lane Combo Pack (149485) Leaves Trinkets (146343)
· Designer Paper: Peaceful Poppies DSP ( 151324)
· Misc: Liquid Glue (110755) Dimensionals (104430) Bone Folder (102300) Mini Glue Dots (103954)
· Card Base: Mossy Meadow cut at 5-1/2 x 8-1/2
· Cardstock #2: Crumb Cake cut at 4 X 5-1/4 and 4 x 5 for die cut piece
· Cardstock #3 Accent Strip: Mossy Meadow cut at 1 x 5.
· Cardstock #4 Accent Strip: Copper Foil cut at 1/2 x 5.
· Designer Paper: 3-3/4 X 5 of fern/leaf pattern. Cut in half at 1 7/8.
· Twine: Approx. 24” long
· Fold Mossy Meadow card base in half and burnish using the bone folder.
· Adhere 4 x 5-1/4 Crumb Cake layer over top of card front with the liquid glue.
· Stamp the sentiment in Mossy Meadow on the 4 x 5 piece of Crumb Cake and die cut with the 3 1/2 x 2-1/4 stitched rectangle. *Position the die where the stamped image is more toward the right as shown.
· Ink leaf stamp in Mossy Meadow and stamp off on scratch paper before stamping on top and bottom of die cut piece as shown.
· Wrap twine around left side of die cut piece twice and tie in a bow.
· Adhere Leaves Trinket in copper with a glue dot under the knot of the bow. Set this sentiment piece aside.
· Cut designer paper in half at 1 7/8. Flip one piece over to show the linen print side.
· Stamp the same leaves as used on the sentiment piece on top and bottom of the linen print strip. *Do not stamp off.
· Adhere the stamped linen strip and the leaf/fern strip as shown over the Crumb Cake that you adhered to the card base layer. You may have to overlap one strip over the other down the center so that you leave a Crumb Cake border around all sides.
· Adhere the Mossy Meadow strip then the Copper Foil strip down the center of the de-signer paper strips as shown.
· Attach the sentiment piece at an angle with Stampin’ Dimensionals as shown.
· Finish the inside of card as desired and put it in the mail to brighten someone’s day!
Reaching out today is so important with what is going on around the world. It’s times like these that send a card with positive thoughts can mean more than anything. Just being able to get a card in our mailbox can put a smile on anyone’s face and turn an otherwise dreary day into a positive one.
All images © 1990-2020 Stampin’ Up!
• Stamp Sets: Positive Thoughts (151490)
• Card Stock: Purple Posy ((150881), Whisper White Thick (140272), Soft Sea Foam (146988),
Highland Heather (146986)
• Stamp Pads: Gorgeous Grape (147099), Soft Sea foam (147102)
• Misc: Nature’s Thoughts Dies(153586); Noble Peacock Rhinestones (149494), Gorgeous Grape1/4” Mini Striped Ribbon (146940); In Color 6” x 6” Designer Series Paper (purple posy) (149617), Dimensionals (104430); Snail Adhesive (104332); Mini Glue Dots (103683)
• Purple Posy: 5 ½” x 8 1/2”, scored at 4 ¼”,
• Whisper White Thick: 4” x 5 ¼” – cut two
• Highland Heather: 3” x 2”
• Soft Sea Foam:4” x 3”
• Purple Posy DSP: 2” x 4”
1. Use the large rectangular die to cut the white panel for card front.
2. Use the feather die with Highland Heather cardstock to cut a feather.
3. Stamp the “fern” image with Soft Sea Foam ink onto Soft Sea Foam cardstock and cut out shape with coordinating die.
4. Stamp the butterfly and words with Gorgeous Grape ink onto white panel.
5. Use Snail Adhesive to adhere the Purple Posy DSP to the left side of the card front.
6. Attach die cut white panel to card front with dimensionals.
7. Use Snail Adhesive just on the bottom of feather, positioning as shown in photo.
8. Use dimensionals to adhere the fern.
9. Adhere the 4” x5 ¼” panel to inside of card – stamp a greeting or image as desired.
10. Tie a small strip of ribbon into a knot and attach with glue dot.
11. To finish the card, add three Noble Peacock Rhinestones to card front and try your hand at reaching out today to someone special.
This beautiful Spring tulip card is a great way to wish them well. Everyone loves to receive a card when they are under the weather. Yellow flowers are just gorgeous. Don’t you agree?
All images © 1990-2019 Stampin’ Up!®
· Stamp Sets – Timeless Tulip (stamp set 151534; stamp set & punch bundle 153793)
· Card Stock – Garden Green (102584); Whisper White (100730)
· Stamp Pads – Garden Green (147089); Daffodil Delight (147094); Tuxedo Black Memento (132708)
· Misc. –Die Cutting Machine; Stitched Rectangles Dies (148551); Subtle 3D Embossing Folder (131775); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon (146912); Mini Glue Dots (103683); Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue (110755); Tulip Builder Punch (151295); Timeless Label Punch (149516); Rhinestone Basic Jewels (144220); Bone Folder (102300); Paper Snips (103579)
• Garden Green: 8 ½” x 5 ½”
• Whisper White: 2 pieces 5 ¼” x 4”, 3” x 4 1/4”, 3/8” scrap strip; scraps for tulips,
• Ribbon: 10“
1. Fold Garden Green card stock in half. Flatten fold with bone folder.
2. Use Subtle 3D Folder to add texture to one of the large pieces of Whisper White card stock. Adhere to Garden Green card front.
3. Stamp stems and leaves on smaller rectangle of Whisper White card stock. Die cut rectangle with the stitched rectangle die that is slightly smaller that best fits the small Whisper White rectangle. Adhere to center of card front using dimensionals.
4. Stamp 2 tulips on scraps of Whisper White card stock using Daffodil Delight ink. Punch out flowers using the tulip builder punch. Cut one of the tulips in half using paper snips. Attach each half to the back of the other tulip piece using dimensionals, allowing approximately 1/8” of the flower to be exposed. Attach the flower to the card front with dimensionals.
5. Create a bow with the Polka Dot ribbon and attach to card front with a glue dot. Trim ribbon tails.
6. Stamp “Get Well Soon” on the 3/8” strip of Whisper White card stock using black ink. Use the Timeless Label Punch to punch out the words. Adhere to card front with dimensionals.
7. Add 3 rhinestone jewel to card front.
8. Stamp remaining Whisper White card stock as desired for the inside of card and adhere with liquid glue to inside of card. Now you have your beautiful Spring tulip card.
This beautiful pink flowered birthday card is delicate and decorated for someone special. You can create a handful for all the special people you want to celebrate with this year. I love to create a card stash at the beginning of each year, however, it means changing up colors and designs as well. After that, you just put all your creations together in a safe place to use throughout the year. Lastly, always have fun.
All images © 1990-2019 Stampin’ Up!®
• Stamp Sets: Happy Birthday To You (152308)
• Cardstock: Whisper White (100730), Basic Gray (121044), Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper (149612)
• Ink: Flirty Flamingo Classic Stampin’ Pad (147052), Soft Sea Foam Classic Stampin’ Pad (147102), Jet Black StazOn Pad (101406), VersaMark Pad (102283), Dark Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends (145055)
• Tools & Accessories: Heat Tool (129053), Embossing Buddy (103083), Shimmer Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder (149512), Aqua Painter (103954), Sponge Brayer (141714), Basic Pattern Decorative Masks (150697), Delightful Tag Topper Punch (149518), Stitched Shapes Dies (145372)
• Designer Paper: Brights 6” x 6” Designer Series Paper (149613)
• Misc: 3/8” Glittered Organdy Ribbon (147897), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Paper Snips (103579)
• Card Base: Whisper White 4-1/4” x 11”, scored and folded at 5-1/2”
• Cardstock #2: Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”
• Cardstock #3: Basic Gray 3-1/2” x 3-1/2”
• Designer Paper: Flirty Flamingo gingham 2” x 5-1/2”
• First of all, on the front of the card base, use the dotted decorative mask and apply Flirty Flamingo ink using the sponge brayer.
• Cut one end of the Flirty Flamingo gingham DSP with the Delightful Tag Topper Punch and adhere to card base in the center.
• On the watercolor paper make a light Flirty Flamingo watercolor wash with the Aqua Painter. Set aside to dry or use the Heat Tool on low setting to speed up the drying.
• Cut the Basic Gray cardstock with the largest Stitched Shapes circle.
• Rub the Embossing Buddy over the (dried) watercolor paper, then stamp the cake image using VersaMark ink. Cover with Shimmer Black Embossing Powder, tap off excess, and heat with Heat Tool.
• Squeeze the Flirty Flamingo and Soft Sea Foam ink pads so the foam pad applies ink to the insides of the lids. Use an Aqua Painter to pick up the ink to darken the blossoms and add color to the leaves.
• Fussy cut the cake and adhere to gray circle, then pop up on dimensionals on gingham tag.
• Lastly, stamp greeting at bottom of tag with black StazOn. Tie a bow with the glittered ribbon and adhere at top of tag with a glue dot.
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, you can create this lucky friend like you card for anyone who needs it. You don’t have to be in a relationship to let your friends know you love them too. I always like to surprise my friends with thoughtful gestures on Valentine’s Day and you can too. Show them the love with a handcrafted card made from the heart for a lucky friend like you.
All images © 1990-2018 Stampin’ Up!®
· Stamp Sets – From My Heart (151417); From my Heart Bundle (153775)
· Card Stock – Real Red (102482), Whisper White (100730)
· Ink Pads – Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (132708)
· Misc. – From my Heart Specialty DSP (151189); Heart Punch Pack (151292); Whisper White 1/4″ Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon; SNAIL Adhesive (104332); Dimensionals (104430); Mini glue dots (103683)
· Real Red: 4 ¼” x 11”, scored at 5 ½”; plus scrap for heart
· Whisper White: 3 ¾” x 5”
· DSP: 3 5/8” x 4 7/8”
1. Using the scalloped heart punch, punch out one Flirty Flamingo heart and one Real Red heart from the 12×12 sheet of hearts, included in the package of specialty paper.
2. On the Red Heart, stamp your sentiment using Tuxedo Black ink.
3. Take a piece of Real Red scrap and stamp the dotted outline heart in Tuxedo Black Ink. Punch it out using the “plain” heart punch.
4. Adhere this piece to the Flirty Flamingo heart.
5. Assemble your card as shown. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the Sentiment.
6. The ribbon bow is adhered with a glue dot.
You can create a beautiful magnolia image on a card super fast. I received a similar card last month from a member of my Demonstrator team. My jaw dropped as it was SO simple yet so elegant and perfect just as it was. I had to make some for myself as birthday thank you notes and I sent them out.
All images © 1990-2019 Stampin’ Up!®
I chose a light color so I could write on the inside. Any light color works (the card I received from my downline was Balmy Blue) OR choose a darker color and use a Whisper White or Very Vanilla cardstock piece to write on and adhere inside (4″ x 5-1/4″). Wouldn’t the Seasonal Wreath 3D embossing folder look great as a holiday note card or thank you? (pg. 199 of our annual catalog or see it HERE). If you make groups of these, they are wonderful gifts if you insert them into our Acetate Card Boxes (noted below).
Stamp set: Good Morning Magnolia (149298)
Ink: Soft Sea Form Classic Stampin’ Pad (147102)
Paper: Soft Sea Foam Cardstock (149688)
Miscellaneous: Magnolia 3D Embossing Folder (149579), 3D Embossing Folder Plate (149658), Whisper White Medium Envelopes (107301), Acetate Card Boxes [not shown] (144628), Bone Folder (102300), Die-cutting machine
Soft Sea Foam card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, score at 4-1/4″ then fold crease with Bone Folder
- Run Soft Sea Foam cardstock and Magnolia 3D embossing folder (using the 3D Embossing Folder Plate) through your die-cutting machine.
- Fold card.
- Using Soft Sea Foam ink, stamp corner of the front of Whisper White Medium Envelope.
- For gift giving: make sets and insert into Acetate Card Boxes (each holds up to 5 sets of cards with envelopes). See them HERE. Note that the wording is incorrect on that one item; the box holds USA standard A2 cards and envelopes. It measures 4-7/16″ x 5-13/16″ x 5/8″.
Remember, you do not have to invent the wheel to be creative, just copy this project! Did you make it with your own hands? Then you have created!