You can always take it to another level with this sweet wishes card and celebrate their birthday with soft colors and a beautiful ribbon. Create dozens of them in different colors and have a supply of birthday cards for the year. The Hello Cupcake stamp set will set the stage for this beauty. I love the coordinating ribbon.
Stamp Sets – Hello Cupcake (149714, Sale-a-Bration Choice)
Card Stock – Whisper White (100730); Powder Pink (144244); Basic Black (121045)
Stamp Pads – Powder Pink (144084); Soft Suede (126978); Memento Black (123708)
Misc. – Beautifully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Paper (148812); Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper (149622); Call Me Cupcake Framelits Dies (150072); Petal Pink/Whisper White 5/8” Variegated Ribbon (148776); Snail Adhesive (104332); Mini Glue Dots (103683); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
• Whisper White cardstock- 5 ½” x 8 ½” card base, 3 ½” x 2 ½” scrap for cupcake
• Powder Pink cardstock- 3 ½” x 5”, 1” x 2 ¼” for sentiment
• Basic Black cardstock- 2 3/8” x 3 1/8”
• Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper- 2 ¼” x 3”
1. Score your Whisper White card base at 4 ¼”.
2. Cut the Beautifully Detailed Laser-Cut paper in the design/pattern that you want to 3 ½” x 5” and attach to the Powder Pink cardstock layer with glue dots. Then attach that to the front of the Whisper White card base with snail adhesive.
3. Make a faux or fake bow with your ribbon on the front of the card just laying the ribbon on itself. Use glue dots to keep it in place knowing that the cupcake image will cover the middle when the card is done.
4. Layer the black and white polka dot paper piece on the black cardstock and attach with snail adhesive. Attach that to the card on top of the ribbon with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
5. Stamp the top of the cupcake on the Whisper White scrap cardstock in Powder Pink ink and then stamp the bottom of the cupcake in Soft Suede ink on the same scrap cardstock. Use your Call Me Cupcake Framelits Dies to cut those pieces out or use your paper snips to fussy cut. Attach them using snail adhesive to the polka dot piece leaving a space between them for the sentiment.
6. Also, stamp your sentiment on the Powder Pink scrap cardstock in Memento Black ink. Finally, flag the ends with your paper snips and attach to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.