You can create a beautiful magnolia image on a card super fast. I received a similar card last month from a member of my Demonstrator team. My jaw dropped as it was SO simple yet so elegant and perfect just as it was. I had to make some for myself as birthday thank you notes and I sent them out.
All images © 1990-2019 Stampin’ Up!®
I chose a light color so I could write on the inside. Any light color works (the card I received from my downline was Balmy Blue) OR choose a darker color and use a Whisper White or Very Vanilla cardstock piece to write on and adhere inside (4″ x 5-1/4″). Wouldn’t the Seasonal Wreath 3D embossing folder look great as a holiday note card or thank you? (pg. 199 of our annual catalog or see it HERE). If you make groups of these, they are wonderful gifts if you insert them into our Acetate Card Boxes (noted below).
Stamp set: Good Morning Magnolia (149298)
Ink: Soft Sea Form Classic Stampin’ Pad (147102)
Paper: Soft Sea Foam Cardstock (149688)
Miscellaneous: Magnolia 3D Embossing Folder (149579), 3D Embossing Folder Plate (149658), Whisper White Medium Envelopes (107301), Acetate Card Boxes [not shown] (144628), Bone Folder (102300), Die-cutting machine
Soft Sea Foam card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, score at 4-1/4″ then fold crease with Bone Folder
- Run Soft Sea Foam cardstock and Magnolia 3D embossing folder (using the 3D Embossing Folder Plate) through your die-cutting machine.
- Fold card.
- Using Soft Sea Foam ink, stamp corner of the front of Whisper White Medium Envelope.
- For gift giving: make sets and insert into Acetate Card Boxes (each holds up to 5 sets of cards with envelopes). See them HERE. Note that the wording is incorrect on that one item; the box holds USA standard A2 cards and envelopes. It measures 4-7/16″ x 5-13/16″ x 5/8″.
Remember, you do not have to invent the wheel to be creative, just copy this project! Did you make it with your own hands? Then you have created!
You can visit the Clearance Rack in my online store and see the most recent Clearance Rack specials. Although they are updated every few weeks, as the products sell out, they will no longer be available. Once they are gone, they are gone for good. Take advantage of this opportunity because the products don’t last long once they are released. Stampin’ Up always surprises us with some special products that we would never expect to pop up on the Clearance Rack.
Here are some of the latest and greatest things that are on the Clearance Rack.
The Silver Gable Boxes are great for upcoming holiday packaging. Decorate them any way you like for a one-of-a-kind package for that special gift. Pick it up today here in my online store.
The Tranquil Tide ribbon is perfect to accent any holiday project. You will love the way it enhances cards and wraps around gifts. Click here to purchase the ribbon today.
Embossing Paste is great for creating some 3D effects and/or a nice texture to cards and projects. Get some here from my online site.
These products in the Clearance Rack are different from what was there just a month ago. They really change up faster than you can blink sometimes. So take a minute to view the Clearance Rack specials and see for yourself all that it has to offer. The products will still continue to change every few months, so enjoy it while you can.
The card really says it all. Show everyone how to let their dreams soar and let them admire your creativity. Have fun with this stamp set and always have a way to spread some encouragement along the way.
All images © 1990-2018 Stampin’ Up!®
Stamp Sets – Above the Clouds Bundle (151135)
Card Stock – Daffodil Delight (119683); Coastal Cabana (131297); Thick Whisper White (140272)
Stamp Pads – Tuxedo Black Memento (132708); Crumb Cake (147116)
Misc. – Daffodil Delight Combo Stampin’ Blends Markers (144603); Light Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Blends Marker (144580); Pretty Label Punch (143715); 2” Circle Punch (133782); Stampin’ Pierce Mat (126199); Take Your Pick (144107); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Mini Dimensionals (144108)
• Daffodil Delight (base): 5 ½” x 8 ½”, score at 4 ¼” and folded in half
• Coastal Cabana: 4” x 5 ¼”
• Thick Whisper White: 3” x 4”
• Vellum: 2” x 3”
1. Using the 2” Circle Punch, punch an opening in the lower portion of the Coastal Cabana cardstock as shown.
2. Place the Coastal Cabana cardstock on the Pierce Mat. Using the paper-piercing tool attachment on the Take Your Pick tool, create a row of holes around the circle opening. Repeat this step by making an additional row of holes, two more times, until your piercing appears as shown.
3. Stamp the greeting using Memento ink in the lower right corner of the Coastal Cabana cardstock.
4. Adhere the Coastal Cabana cardstock to the card base using Dimensionals. Be certain to place Dimensionals around the circle opening so it won’t sag.
5. Stamp the outline image of the hot air balloon on the Thick Whisper White cardstock. Stamp the outline image of the basket on the Thick Whisper White cardstock.
6. Now stamp the solid basket image using Crumb Cake ink to fill the outline image.
7. Color in the hot air balloon using the Stampin’ Blends.
8. Punch the hot air balloon and basket using the punch and then punch out a vellum “cloud” using the Pretty Label Punch and the vellum cardstock.
9. Adhere the vellum to the backside of the hot air balloon, placing adhesive where it will not show.
10. Place Dimensionals on the backside of the vellum cloud and hot air balloon, where they will not show and adhere it to the right side of the circle opening.
11. Lastly, adhere the basket image to the base of the hot air balloon using a Mini Dimensional.
There are Brighter Day Wishes Ahead for anyone that receives this card in the mail. Send them the encouragement they need. Sometimes some soft words of encouragement are all that they need to pick them up or make their day brighter. This is an elegant card created with just a few steps. Make one, or make a dozen. The choice is yours.
All images © 1990-2019 Stampin’ Up!®
Stamp Sets – Band Together Bundle (151076) Beautiful You (151412)
Card Stock – Mango Melody (146989) Basic Gray (121044) Whisper White 100730)
Stamp Pads – Basic Gray (149615)
Misc. – Whisper White Polka Tulle (146912), Layering Circles Dies (141705)
• Mango Medley 8.5” x 5.5”
• Whisper White cardstock 4” x 5.25”
• Basic Gray Designer Paper (script) 5.25 ” x 3”
• Basic Gray Designer Paper (check) 5.25 x 1.5”
• Basic Gray piece for Label die cut
• Whisper White cardstock for label piece and circle
1. Score and fold Mango cardstock at 4.25” to create card base
2. Adhere the Basic Gray check piece to right side of cardfront
3. Adhere the Basic Gray script piece over top the edge of check and as seen in the photo
4. Die cut the Label die twice – once with Whisper White cardstock, Once with Basic Gray cardstock.
5. Cut tabs off the end of the Whisper White die cut label band
6. Thread Whisper White polka dot tulle through the label band wrapping it around the front of the card making sure it lays flat on the inside of the card, tie off in bow
7. Add Basic gray center piece from the Basic gray label band with dimensionals to center of the Whisper White label band you just tied to the card front
8. Stamp greeting from Beautiful you with Basic Gray ink
9. Add greeting to label band as seen
10. Add 4” x 5.25” piece of Whisper White cardstock to inside of card
11. Add greeting and message to inside of card