Send sweet surprises for a special birthday this year using the How Sweet It Is stamp set. When you add all the elements of the suite, it’s also a really fun and colorful way to celebrate their special day. When you combine everything from the suite, it all comes together beautifully.
All images © Stampin’ Up!®
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
STAMPS – Sweetest Thing (148575)
PAPER – Granny Apple Green (146990), Gorgeous Grape (146987), Coastal Cabana (131297), How Sweet It Is Designer Series Paper (148568), Window Sheets (142314)
INK – StazOn Jet Black Pad (101406), Coastal Cabana (147097)
OTHER – Jar of Sweets Framelits Dies (148524), Sweet Pins & Tags (148571), Coastal Cabana/Granny Apple Green 3/8” Reversible Ribbon (148572), 1/8” Handheld Circle Punch (134365), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (143263), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), hobby/x-acto knife, cutting mat, household tape, and lint-free cloth
• Granny Apple Green: 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2 then folded in half and 5” x 2-1/2”
• Designer Series Paper: 4” x 5-1/4” and scraps for candy
• Gorgeous Grape: 2-3/4” x 5-1/4”
• Coastal Cabana: 2” x ¾”
• Window Sheets: 3-1/4” x 5-1/2”
• Ribbon: 7” and 9-1/2”
• Adhere Designer Series Paper to card front with SNAIL Adhesive.
• Stamp three candy jars onto Window Sheet with StazOn ink then die cut out.
• Die cut candy from Designer Series Paper: three lollipops, four round candies, and three longer candies. When aligning dies on paper, choose areas that will yield a variety of colors.
• Using clear Window Sheet jars as “frames” for the candy, position candy pieces overlapping one another and adhere with tiny dots of Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Do not adhere to Window Sheets yet. You are only using them as windows to know how tightly to glue them to one another. Set aside to dry.
• Stamp sentiment with Coastal Cabana ink onto Coastal Cabana and trim so tag ends up about 5/8” x 1-3/4” making sure to leave space for the hole on one end.
• Using a hobby knife, slit an opening along the roundest jar about 7/8” from the top along one of the jar’s lines taking care to stop about 1/8” from each side of the cut line. You want to create a slit to put the lollipops in without completely cutting off the candy jar’s top.
• Wrap 7” ribbon horizontally along Gorgeous Grape cardstock so it is about 7/8” from the top. Secure with SNAIL Adhesive and use household tape on back to further secure ends. Tie bow from other ribbon, trim ends, and set aside.
• With the SNAIL, attach Granny Apple Green piece to Gorgeous Grape piece and attach to card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
• Add very tiny dots or smears of Multipurpose Liquid Glue along black inked lines on jar adhere candy to back side of two jars. Carefully slip lollipops into the slit of round jar. Put together with Multipurpose Liquid Glue then attach to jar with Mini Glue Dots where they can’t be seen.
• Using Mini Glue Dots where they won’t be seen and Liquid Glue, adhere jars to Granny Apple Green piece.
• Put one Mini Glue Dot on ribbon to round jar then with a pin from Sweet Pins & Tags, attach sentiment piece to ribbon. Use one Mini Glue Dot at end without a pin to keep it secure to the card.
• Finally, gently clean off fingerprints from the Window Sheets with a lint-free cloth..