You can create some beautiful country butterflies for friends and family with the supplies listed below. The soft color and background embossed floral design go perfectly together. I also love the black outline of the butterflies because it makes them pop off the card. It’s created with the Beauty Abounds bundle.
All images © 1990-2019 Stampin’ Up!®
Stamps: Beauty Abounds (148726), Beauty Abounds Bundle (150617)
Stamp Pads: Tuxedo Black Memento (132708)
Paper: Petal Pink (146985), Basic Black (121045), Sparkle Glimmer Paper (146957)
Misc.: Butterfly Beauty Thinlits Dies, Country Floral Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (149698), Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets (144106), Big Shot Die-cutting Machine (143263), Basic Adhesive-Backed Sequins (146933), Dimensionals (104430), Mini Dimensionals (144108), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Big Shot Die Brush (144262), Paper-Piercing Tool (126189)
• Petal Pink: 5 ½” x 8 ½” score at 4 ¼” for card base
4” x 5 ¼”
• Basic Black: 4 ¼” x 5 ½”
4 1/8” x 5 3/8”
• Grapefruit Grove Foil: 4” x 5 ½”
• Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet: 4” x 5 ¼”
And here is the inside of the card:
- Peel the white backing off of the adhesive sheet and adhere it to the 4 ¼” x 5 ½” piece of Basic Black card stock (for more precise alignment try peeling off the upper half of the backing, placing the upper part of the adhesive sheet on the top of the black cardstock, then peeling off the rest of the backing once you know it is straight).
- Cut the large butterflies top layer die from the Basic Black card stock with the adhesive sheet on the back.
- Cut the underlayer die of the large butterflies from the Sparkle Glimmer Paper. Use the Die Brush and the Paper-Piercing Tool to remove all of the excess pieces from the die and the paper.
- Peel the backing off of the Basic Black Butterflies – remove any little pieces that did not come off when you removed the backing.
- Adhere to the Basic Black Butterflies layer on to the Sparkle Glimmer Butterflies layer.
- Insert the 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Petal Pink into the Country Flowers Embossing Folder and send it through the Big Shot with one cutting pad.
- Carefully cut off two of the butterflies to put on the inside of the card.
- Stamp “For You” in Tuxedo Black inside the Petal Pink card.
- Adhere the 4 1/8” x 5 3/8” piece of Basic Black to the front of the Petal Pink card.
- Attach the embossed piece on to the black.
- Using Dimensionals and Mini Dimensionals, adhere to the group of three butterflies to the front of the card.
- Then, adhere the other two butterflies to the inside of the card with mini glue dots.
- Embellish the card front with Petal Pink sequins from the Basic Adhesive-Backed Sequins.