Create a colorful swirly card surprise for a special thank you using the Swirly Bird stamp set. The colors are vibrant and the sentiment helps you express your thoughts. The swirls are a perfect accent to enhance the flowers. Each flower has it’s own beauty.
All images © 1990-2019 Stampin’ Up!®
Stamp Sets – Swirly Bird (141749); All Things Thanks (w143089; c143097)
Card Stock – Basic Black (121045); Whisper White (100730); Granny Apply Green (146990); Bermuda Bay (131197); Melon Mambo (115320); Pineapple Punch (146971)
Stamp Pads – Melon Mambo (147051); Pineapple Punch); Bermuda Bay (147096)
Misc. – Big Shot (143263); Stitched Shapes Framelits (145372); Rhinestone Basic Jewels (144220); Basic Black Solid Baker’s Twine (141682), SNAIL (104332); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Liquid Multipurpose Glue (110755)
● Basic Black (base): 4 ¼” x 11, scored at 5 ½” and folded
● Whisper White (layer): 3 ¾” x 5”
1. Adhere the Whisper White layer to Basic Black card.
2. Cut the Twine approx. 15 inches, tie around the card and finish with a bow.
3. Use the medium sized swirl from the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits to cut out Melon Mambo & Bermuda Bay cardstock with Big Shot.
4. Use Big Shot with smallest swirl thinlit to cut out shape with Pineapple Punch cardstock.
5. Stamp large circle swirl stamp on each coloured cardstock (Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay & Pineapple Punch) in its matching colour.
6. Cut out the Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo images with paper snips leaving a little border.
7. Place Pineapple Punch cut out over stamped image and cut stamped image so it fits underneath.
8. Add small amounts of liquid glue to back of swirl shapes and adhere to front of stamped images. Use SNAIL to add to card.
9. Cut out leaves using Thinlits and adhere to card tucking them slightly under flowers.
10. Cut out 2 ¼” stitched oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits.
11. Ink the greeting from the All Things Thanks stamp set with Bermuda Bay ink, then stamp on scrap paper once. Ink the bottom part of the greeting again with the Bermuda Bay ink, then stamp on oval.
12. Add dimensionals to back of greeting and adhere to card.
13. Add some rhinestones to card.