With just the right products, you can create this card. All you need is my colorful gate-fold card tutorial and you are on your way. The Follow Your Art Designer Series Paper gives you the background you need. Add your own personal touch and you have a card that will encourage all that open it. I love how we can be creative with our mind as we put the images to paper.
Find this new stamp set on page 54 of the 2019-20 annual catalog.
Stamp set: It Starts With Art (149303)
Cardstock and paper: Pacific Point (111350), Crushed Curry (131199), Shimmery White (101910), Follow Your Art Designer Series Paper (149489)
Ink: Pacific Point (147098), Memento Pad Tuxedo Black (132708)
Miscellaneous: Stitched Nested Labels Dies (149638), Button Button Embossing Folder (149581), Stampin’ Blends: Mango Melody Combo (147945), Calypso Coral Combo (144045), Mint Macaron Combo (147283), Smoky Slate Combo (145058), Basic Black Light (147940), Crumb Cake Light (144582), Follow Your Art Embellishment Kit (149491), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Paper Snips (103579), Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334), Bone Folder (102300), die-cutting machine, household tape.
• Pacific Point card base: 5-1/2” x 8-/2”, scored at 2-1/8” and 6-3/8” then creased with a Bone Folder to create a “gate” plus a piece 1” x 11” for belly band
• Crushed Curry: 2-1/4” x 4”
• Shimmery White: 2-1/4” x 4” and 4” x 5-1/4” for inside of card
• Designer Series Paper: 3-3/4 x 5-1/4” then cut in half to have two pieces 1-7/8” x 5-1/4”
• Twine: about 4-5”
1. Using SNAIL adhere Designer Series Paper to the two panels on the front of the card so the pattern continues if the two edges were side by side.
2. Align pens/pencil image and sentiment on one block. Do a sample stamp to make sure they’re aligned. Stamp onto Shimmery White with Memento ink.
3. Color in pen/pencil image with Stampin’ Blends including writing over the sentiment with the Smoky Slate Light marker. Die cut this piece using the 3-1/4” wide die from Stitched Nested Labels.
4. Die cut Crushed Curry using 3-3/4” wide die. Adhere the two die-cut pieces to one another with SNAIL.
5. Run Pacific Point belly band piece through embossing or die-cutting machine by embossing from one end to the center then flipping the card stock and doing the other end. Score this piece at 3-3/8” from each end. Wrap around card base so it fits snug but not too tight. Remove from card and SNAIL one end over the other to create band.
6. Tie twine onto metal heart charm from Follow Your Art Embellishment kit and align tied end so the charm hangs below center piece by about a total of 7/8” from bottom of card stock to the bottom of the heart. Affix to back of center piece with Mini Glue Dots and secure further with a strip of household tape. With Stampin’ Dimensionals (3 across center back of Crushed Curry piece) affix focal piece to band.
7. Using Mini Glue Dots, adhere Crushed Curry felt heart onto lower right of card front.
8. Slip band over the card from the top and align so dangling heart charm is just above felt heart.
Inside of card:
• Using Pacific Point and the larger button image, ink once and stamp three times in two opposing corners. Adhere onto card with SNAIL.