The Forever Fern stamp set, found on page 73 of the 2022-2023 Stampin’ Up! annual catalog is incredibly versatile for a variety of occasions. If you are, sadly, in need of a sympathy card, use this simple sentiment found in the Inspired Thoughts stamp set (155536). Change up the colors and create a brighter birthday, thinking of you or get well card. One all-purpose stamp set, like Forever Fern, can go the distance all year long!
Click on the card or HERE to hop to Forever Fern in my store.
Find the full recipe and instructions in a Word document as follows:
You can create a beautiful magnolia image on a card super fast. I received a similar card last month from a member of my Demonstrator team. My jaw dropped as it was SO simple yet so elegant and perfect just as it was. I had to make some for myself as birthday thank you notes and I sent them out.
All images © 1990-2019 Stampin’ Up!®
I chose a light color so I could write on the inside. Any light color works (the card I received from my downline was Balmy Blue) OR choose a darker color and use a Whisper White or Very Vanilla cardstock piece to write on and adhere inside (4″ x 5-1/4″). Wouldn’t the Seasonal Wreath 3D embossing folder look great as a holiday note card or thank you? (pg. 199 of our annual catalog or see it HERE). If you make groups of these, they are wonderful gifts if you insert them into our Acetate Card Boxes (noted below).
Stamp set: Good Morning Magnolia (149298)
Ink: Soft Sea Form Classic Stampin’ Pad (147102)
Paper: Soft Sea Foam Cardstock (149688)
Miscellaneous: Magnolia 3D Embossing Folder (149579), 3D Embossing Folder Plate (149658), Whisper White Medium Envelopes (107301), Acetate Card Boxes [not shown] (144628), Bone Folder (102300), Die-cutting machine
Soft Sea Foam card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, score at 4-1/4″ then fold crease with Bone Folder
- Run Soft Sea Foam cardstock and Magnolia 3D embossing folder (using the 3D Embossing Folder Plate) through your die-cutting machine.
- Fold card.
- Using Soft Sea Foam ink, stamp corner of the front of Whisper White Medium Envelope.
- For gift giving: make sets and insert into Acetate Card Boxes (each holds up to 5 sets of cards with envelopes). See them HERE. Note that the wording is incorrect on that one item; the box holds USA standard A2 cards and envelopes. It measures 4-7/16″ x 5-13/16″ x 5/8″.
Remember, you do not have to invent the wheel to be creative, just copy this project! Did you make it with your own hands? Then you have created!
Combine Loss With Compassion when you send this sympathy card. It’s a perfect emotional sentiment in a time of need. Sometimes all we need is a note or card to let us know we are loved and thought about. Going through a loss is always hard, having family and friends by our side helps to ease our emotions. The colors of this card are soothing and it’s so easy on the eyes. The message is there and they know it has a lot of love behind it. I love this metallic edge ribbon for projects like this. It has an elegant, yet soft look to it.
All images © Stampin’ Up!®
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
STAMPS –Kindness and Compassion (151220 Cling)
PAPER –Whisper White (100730), Basic Gray (121044), Purple Posy (150881)
INK –– Basic Gray (149165)
OTHER –Subtle 3D Embossing Folder (151775), Delicate Lace Dies (147053), 3/8” Silver Metallic Edge Ribbon (144213)
Cutting & Scoring:
• Basic Gray – 8 ½” x 5 ½”, score and fold at 4 ¼”
• Purple Posy: 4 1/8 x 5 3/8”
• Purple Posy: 2 x 5 3/8” Embossed with Subtle Embossing Folder
• Whisper White – Scraps to Die Cut the Lace Die
• Stamp Sentiment on smaller Purple Posy Panel. Adhere lace die-cut strips to the back of this panel and then adhere on to larger Purple Posy Layer.
• Tie with Ribbon
• Adhere to Basic Gray Card and express your loss with compassion for someone you love.